We can all openly admit that we dread laundry day. There are many facts and tips out there that may ease your pain, eliminating your distraught to accomplish this home chore.
- Designate a day: Make one day a week, each week, dedicating it as your laundry day. Try to aim for squeezing your laundry in for the weekdays to keep your weekend free.
- Get your family involved: Recruit your spouse and children to help you out. Go with the old fashion “Ford” assembly line: one-person separates, one loads and unload, the others fold and put away, etc.
- Pre-sort: You will find it so much easier if you can sort the clothes before they even hit laundry day. Get hampers that has sectionals this way you are sorting the clothes all while putting them into the hamper after use. This will save you so much time!
- Quality detergent: When it comes to soap, use a powerful detergent, and one that is designed to work best with your machine.
- Reduce wrinkles: Lessen the time you have to spend on ironing your clothes by removing your clothes as soon as the dryer cycle ends. Hang up wrinkle prone clothes right away!
- Folding right away: resist the temptation of leaving your clothes to linger in laundry baskets. Not only will you feel better when they are away, it will also mean laundry day is over!
Happy Laundry Day homeowner!