Carlton Park is located on the South Shore of Staten Island, in the neighborhood of Woodrow. This is a small park that is only about two acres in size. It is bounded by streets on three sides, and houses on the last side. The stree
ts that border the park are Carlton Avenue, Foster Road, and Drumgoole Road West.
In the 1900s, this area was known as Little Farms. It was named by Wood Harmon, a real estate development company. At that time, Carlton Avenue was one of the main streets in the community. There is no certainty how this name came about, but it has stuck throughout the years and changes.
From 1928 to 1939, Carlton Park was the site of a public elementary school. The New York City Board of Education relinquished this site as a public school in…