There is no better feeling than going on vacation. However, can we skip the whole traveling step and fast forward to lounging on a beach or running around a theme park? Since you are going to be spending at least a few hours at the airport and on the plane, there are ways to cope through the process by being prepared! We rounded up the Top Ten traveling essentials that you can purchase under 10 dollars!
- Passport Cover and Luggage Tag! If you have trouble keeping track of your passport and find yourself always fishing around your bag for it, then you should invest in a Passport Cover; not only will you not lose it but it will protect your passport from getting crushed or dirty. You can also avoid the mistake of grabbing the wrong black suitcase at baggage claim if you purchase a unique luggage tag to accessorize on your bag. Each of these items could be found on Etsy or Flight 001 for under ten dollars each!
- Canvas Tote Bag! After you get through security, head on over to one of the stores while you wait for your boarding time and pick yourself up snacks, a book, or magazines that will get you through the flight. You can use this additional tote bag you packed to hold just these items. These can be found in many different stores for a various of cheap prices, or just take one of your reusable shopping bags.
- Water Bottle! While we miss the days we were able to take a water bottle, with water in it, through security, we rather know we are safe and follow the TSA guidelines. You can pick yourself up a reusable BPA-Free water bottle prior to the start of your vacation, and fill it up at the fountain as soon as you get through security. It is also something you will be able to use for the rest of your vacation!
- Face and Body Lotion! Airplanes are well known for drying out our skin. Stay moisturized by packing lotion that works for both your face and body. Stick with a brand not made with harsh chemicals, such as Aveeno or The Honest Company. And, just to be safe, make sure you also pack chapstick!
- Hand Sanitizer! Since airports and planes are filled with germs, be sure to pack hand sanitizer! Do not rely on the idea that the bathrooms are not going to be out of soap, because, let’s be honest, they usually are.
- Ziploc Bags! Not being that you are packing lotion and hand sanitizer, be sure to place them in Ziploc bags in your carry-on bag, this way you avoid spills in transit. Have the one quart-sized bag in your carry on, but pack a box of Ziploc bags in your suitcase, if you are checking your bag.
- Waterproof Toiletry Bag! Just like not wanting to lose your passport in your bag, a small waterproof toiletry bag can hold small belongings you rather not lose in the abyss of your carry-on bag. Amazon has several priced under $9 that come in different colors and designs.
- Stain Remover! There is not washer machine in the airport if you spill something. Hopefully, a Tide-To-Go Pen, or something similar, will help in an emergency spillage. Also, something that can be packed in your toiletry bag!
- Ear buds and Headphone Splitter! We understand if you do not want to take your expensive headphones on vacation with you, just in case you lose them or break them. Just make sure to have for the in-flight movie or to listen to music. And if you want to share one screen or tune with your traveling partner, being able to save money on one movie rental, pick up a headphone splitter for $7 dollars at Staples.
- Sleeping Mask! If you are the type of person who has a difficult time falling asleep either in public or if it is still light out, and eye mask, along with ear buds, may help in this scenario. Etsy sells handmade ones that are infused with scents, such as lavender!
What are some of your favorite traveling essentials you must have? Share thoughts in the comments below or join our conversation on Facebook!
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.