Liotti-Ikefugi Playground is a small playground located in the neighborhood of Tompkinsville. The entrance of the park is on Winter Avenue between Bismark Avenue and Westervelt Ave.
Before this lot was a playground, New York City used this land as a reservoir from 1909 to 1935. The New York City Department of Parks and Recreation took over this property in 1935 and filled the reservoir with dirt. This created a playing field for the local neighborhood. At this point in time, the park was named after William Winter.
In 1961, the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation renamed the park as Liotti-Ikefugi Playground. This park was renamed after Sergeant Carmine Liotti and Private First Class Lloyd Ikefugi. Both of these young men were Staten…
1223 Views, 0 Comments